Thursday 12 December 2013

Mist

It would appear to be winter already. Autumn was late and only really lasted a month or so. In fact it was so late I had to abandon my big autumn project which really depended on good timing. Anyway, as there was heavy mist, maybe even fog, yesterday I took my camera out for one last hurrah before it goes into retirement in the country with a friend - and I'm glad I did, although I'd have preferred it if it had been my first trip with the new one because I saw something truly remarkable.




At the moment, waiting under the mistletoe is very lonely, very cold and very damp ;)



On the opposite bank of the river at Ankerwycke some tree surgeons were doing a little maintenance after the recent storms. With the mist making everything simple it was a truly beautiful thing to watch. In fact, I might even use the word "cool" and that is something I do not do.


After felling one of the limbs, the surgeon was balancing on a branch to tidy up. It shows better if you click on the picture to enlarge it, but for a split second, with the safety rope from higher up the tree taught and his head bowed, it was as though a lynch mob had got him. This is near the top of my mind at the moment as I saw the stunning Kara Walker show at the Camden Arts Centre recently.

Anyway, thank you camera, its been fun. Enjoy your new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment