Sunday 6 October 2013

Coming soon: Affordable Framing Service

I'm doing an art fair for the first time towards the end of this month and the cost of framing has finally pushed me over the edge so I have decided to start making my own. Now that I'm gaining the kit, skills and stocks, it seems to me it would be the acme of foolishness not to offer it to other artists as a service.

If you want ultra-creative framing, exotic hardwoods, hand crafted gesso or a full retail/sales experience with a nice showroom where your hand is held through every stage of ordering, I'm not going to be any use to you. If, however, you want really good value frames in custom sizes that can be re-used and you more-or-less know what you want I'll be very cheap as for me the service comes without overheads. As an artist I understand what really matters from the end user's point of view as well so rest assured that backing boards and barrier boards and the like won't be skimped on.

I'll put more details up once I've finished making the frames for the art fair and something I've got coming up in January as that will clarify how long each frame will take (can't work out prices until I know this!) and give you some examples to look at.

For now the key information is: Low cost, wide choice of frames, a few limitations, made from the point of view of an exhibiting artist, not a full retail service, based near Staines and Windsor.

Drop me a line to register interest: alan@alanperriman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment