Tuesday 8 October 2013

Heatwave!

Well, summer has well and truly kicked back into life on the mead recently. By October standards, we are in a positive heatwave and shorts are the order of the day. It looks like today will be the last of it, but hey, its been nice. Pleasant temperatures + early autumn colours + loads of apples and nuts = happy Alan.




The night time pictures are almost done (well, apart from a batch of bigger ones I haven't even started...) so in a few days time I'll be able to dive heart first into the foliage. I've got a more cerebral/playful autumn project well into planning but I won't be able to do any actual painting for that for a while, so I think its time for simple, joyous colour sketches for the art fairs I'm getting involved in.

No comments:

Post a Comment