Tuesday 12 November 2013

Coming soon: Christmas Art Fair, Windsor

I've finally had confirmation, I'm taking part in my first Art Fair.

It's at the Harte & Garter Hotel in Windsor which is very close to the castle and is on Saturday 30 November and Sunday 1 December from 10 to 5. It looks like there'll be 17 of us, so expect a wide range of styles, subjects and prices.

To be absolutely honest I'd prefer to be outside in the middle of the high street but at least this way I won't be telling you about a last minute cancellation due to the wind...

I'm expecting prices to start about £75 so there will be things well and truly within Christmas present money. £75 doesn't get much that is present-worthy these days - a good pair of jeans, a modest bottle of Chanel, a so-called "limited edition" Xbox game in presentation packaging. Even kids' toys can cost more than that. Nice things like jewellery and watches and weekends away and spa sessions and technology cost so much more. And yet, and yet, and yet, for the price of a massage at Champney's or a cigar and a bottle of whisky you can buy a unique thing, an original work of art which could give your loved ones pleasure every day for the rest of their life.

I haven't decided for sure what I'll take. I'm going through that process now but I will have a wintry theme including prints and oil paintings and, depending on my final selection, my prices will range from £75 to £400, £500 or £600. As an added bonus and to make your gift perfect, if you don't like a piece's frame, there will be plenty of time for me to replace it before Christmas too at no charge for a frame of equivalent value or at a well below the high street price for a more expensive one.

I hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment