Saturday 18 January 2014

Nocturnes @ Guildford: An Invitation

I managed to get down to Guildford Library to make sure everything was OK with my paintings and I was delighted to see how many business cards have been taken. I really was worried that the paintings were too extreme for the venue but apparently not.

Incidentally, I have decided I will take the paintings down fairly late on the 30th of January.

Anyway, I would like to take this opportunity to let the people who are taking the cards and Googling me know that they're more than welcome to get in touch, even if they have no intention of buying (I might possibly raise the subject from time to time but I don't put pressure on people.) I'd particularly welcome feedback as the paintings are so strange and it would be really helpful to know how other people read them. I'd also love to hear from other artists (especially if they are members of galleries, groups, associations or co-operatives) who have a response to the work because a bit of intellectual cut and thrust or even full blown collaboration would do my practice the world of good. So basically, whoever you are, however you found me, don't be shy. Email me or comment here or even phone me, its all good.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment