Wednesday 13 March 2013

Sneak preview: Portrait of a February

I've been quiet lately as I have been developing a proper website for my work, and there's only so long I'm prepared to spend on a keyboard in any one week.  It's almost good to go now. The main purpose will be to showcase my own work, whereas this blog will remain as my "thinking out loud" space to help me stay focused as I explore the art world and my surroundings.

There will be decent reproductions of my paintings. Here are some small reproductions. The photos will need to be re-shot as there was a shadow over the paintings that I somehow didn't notice.

    


     

I wanted to explore the slog and the chaos and the struggle that is February, with mud that lunges out of the canvas at the viewer, paths shifting beneath his feet, the ground burning with new growth and everywhere still cold and wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment