Sunday 17 March 2013

Spring: a progress report

The tearoom. Sometimes all you can do is bask in the
ridiculousness of the world.
I've been out wandering again. I particularly wanted to see how the bluebells are coming on as over the last couple of years the weather has been all over the place and everything has been flowering at funny times. It looks like its going to be a vintage year for them; their part of the woods are properly carpeted in green at the moment. I'll have to head there weekly soon to get them at their best. Everything else is coming on nicely too, there are buds everywhere and the birds are out in their hundreds.

Pretty much all of the mead is accessible now after a fairly dry couple of weeks but it is still very treacherous - the clay parts of the hillside in particular have stopped being sticky and started being extremely slippery. I have the bruises to prove it!

I walked up to the JFK memorial (technically it's part of the USA) which I don't usually bother with but I'm glad I did - I saw a yaffle! I've seen him before, but not for a year or two. A yaffle in flight is one of those things that just make me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment