Monday 12 August 2013

Alan the Businessman

Well I finally did it, albeit 6 months late. I've got proper business cards!



They're really quite nice. As and when I need to re-order there is a little evolution to do - I'll make the drop shadow a lot subtler for a start - and obviously every batch will have different pictures but overall I'm very pleased indeed.

I'm especially pleased with the quality of the reproductions of my work. I've seen business cards from some of the big companies like Vistaprint and Saxoprint and this is much more finely printed. The colours in particular are surprisingly accurate so thats kudos to the printer and to me - I can do colour correction!

I was a little in two minds about ordering because I used a company I'd never heard of with only a mobile number and no address on their website. I know my website is the same but I don't sell direct online. Add in too good to be true prices and I had my doubts but I'm glad I took a punt.

The company is Studio 828. They're not the absolute cheapest but they include as standard things everywhere else charges extra for (including delivery) and print on a very heavy cardstock - add up the extras and they are very good value indeed. Comparing like with like (or at least as close as I could) for speed and spec Saxoprint would have charged about £10 more and Vistaprint about £20 more which on a short run of 250 is an awful lot. I ordered on Tuesday morning and they were shipped on a next day service on Wednesday which is ridiculously fast.

I wouldn't normally do a plug like this but credit where credits due.

No comments:

Post a Comment