Thursday 6 June 2013

Hot in the city

Another trip to London today, so as ever some first thoughts. When I've collected my thoughts and done a little digging I'll do something a bit more involved.


  1. Its darned hot today.
  2. It doesn't matter how hot it is, its not a good idea to walk up and down a high street wearing nothing but flip-flops and purple speedos, even if you are in one of the more "bohemian" parts of London.
  3. Actual art shops rock. The internet maybe cheaper, easier and better stocked but making art is a tactile process; once in a while you need to look and touch and smell while buying.
  4. I just found out that Pip Seymour, who has made oil mediums for a long time, is making paints as well now. I don't know how long this has been the case but there is something unique about them; so much so that I was willing to spend £10 on a colour chart... This needs some research before I write about it though.
  5. As ever, rooms 90 and 91 of the British Museum are fascinating. At the moment they have recent additions to the print, drawing and watercolour collections in one room, and Asian propaganda in the other.
That's all, I'm shattered. I've put in big miles in hot weather in proper London traffic on a bike in need of a service. I didn't get to look at much art because it was all about errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment