Wednesday 15 May 2013

Runnymede Art Society

I've finally done it! After a month of umming and aahing I've chosen and joined one of the local art groups. Its called the Runnymede Art Society and meets weekly. After just one meeting I'm glad; I'd been starting to get a bit isolated so its nice to meet people with a similar interest. They're a friendly bunch, have a show a couple of times a year which is good (especially since I'm turning out work with an element of local interest) and, as an unexpected bonus, I met the kind of someone I've been on the lookout for for a good few weeks - someone who operates a small framing business from a shed at the bottom of the garden. Framers like this are by and large a lot cheaper than framers who have to pay rent on high street premises, so I'm hoping that his work won't do to much damage to my margins. A good day all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment