Saturday 18 May 2013

Spring isn't just about bluebells...

In all my excitement about the bluebells I forgot to show you the extent to which the rest of the woods and the mead have changed with the season. When I was out walking last week I found myself somewhere very familiar: I give you Mudward and Floodward at the tail end of Spring, as opposed to the tail end of Winter.

   


 OK, so I didn't stand in quite the right place or aim in quite the right direction, but its close enough for you to see the difference. I can feel another couple of paintings coming on... In fact, I'm tempted to go round where all the February paintings were as well to see how much they've changed. One of my favourite things about Southern England - and I admit to being biased because I grew up here - is that the seasons are just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment