Tuesday 28 May 2013

What a difference a day makes

I don't know what its like where you are, but an English spring can be madder than a box of frogs, weather-wise. At the weekend it was so cold I had to light the fire, yesterday it shorts and flip-flops weather and today its been proper lashing it down. I like the fact the weather is always a lucky dip; reckon living somewhere more predictable would be dull. One bonus is that I've been waiting weeks for the right weather for one of the next batch of skylines paintings; I got my sky today in the nick of time. I'm planning to start painting again at the weekend all being well. It wasn't so much the sky I've been waiting for, its seeing how the falling rain affects the appearance of the wooded hillside above the mead and for that I needed just the right amount of rain.



PS. If the translate button can't cope with "lashing it down" in this context its heavy, squally rain

No comments:

Post a Comment