Friday 5 July 2013

En Plein Air - Windsor & Eton Quick Paint

I'm off to Windsor next weekend, Saturday 13 July, to take part in a speed painting en plein air competition - I'll have three hours at a given point somewhere outdoors in the town centre to make (and frame) a painting of Windsor on the theme of the 60th anniversary of the Queen's coronation. The challenge and the fun isn't just down to the speed, its down to the interruptions there will be from the public and the fact that, not knowing where I'll be painting, I won't be able to prepare much so it will be seat-of-the-pants creativity. Hopefully it will be fun, certainly it will be intense - find out the location at 10:30, start painting at 11, stop painting at 2, hand in work for exhibition at 2:30 and collect work again at 5, hopefully with a prize as well! With a £500 first prize it will be a mix of people doing it for fun and people taking it very seriously; I don't know which camp I'll fall into yet.

The long range weather forecast looks perfect so come and cheer me on, or else join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment