Tuesday 16 April 2013

Mouse2cat

I've been working on a couple of paintings lately that have really brought home to me the need for simplification. Additionally it struck me that colour adds nothing to them. As a result I've been looking into making prints. For simplicity's sake it would have to be block printing, and for budget's sake it would have to be lino not wood. Lino is also appropriate because for a while the nearest big town, Staines, was world capital of linoleum production and I do like my local links.

Not having touched lino cutters since college I thought I would, to borrow a management training phrase, "see what good looks like" and I have stumbled upon the chap or chapess named at the top of this post - Mouse2cat. Oh my word. Follow the link and have a click through Mouse's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment