Saturday 20 April 2013

On being grateful

It is important to appreciate things. Right now, there is nowhere and nowhen I would rather be. In Runnymede I find my muse and for all my high-falutin' ideas about art it is becoming increasingly apparent my purpose is simply to share this place with the world, in all its beauty and ugliness, richness and harshness.

What brings this statement bold?

Yesterday the penny dropped that I was missing a trick with my new work and there was another composition screaming to be made. I knew that it should show the dawn and seeing the weather forecast for today I set my alarm and was out at five thirty. It was colder than I expected overnight which brought the bonus of mist coming up off the river. These two pictures were my commute home this morning. Today there cannot be anyone luckier than me.


No comments:

Post a Comment